UConn State Authorization
UConn State Authorization

The University of Connecticut (UConn) is licensed as an institution of higher learning by the State of Connecticut Office Higher Education and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). NEASC is an accreditation agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.

SA Complaint

More Information

If you are a UConn Graduate or
Undergraduate wishing to issue
a complaint, please visit the
Student Complaint Process to
access additional information.

SA-professional licensure

More Information

Questions related to distance learning
programs leading to professional licensure
or certification should be discussed with
the appropriate UConn academic
department or program.


More Information

If you receive Federal Student Aid (otherwise known as Title IV funding) while enrolled solely
in an eligible online program and you move to a state or territory currently not authorized, you
will lose your eligibility to receive Title IV funding. Visit financialaid.uconn.edu for more program eligibility information.

What is State Authorization?

If a distance learning student resides outside the state of Connecticut while taking a course or program, UConn must be authorized by that state or territory. This “state authorization” may be obtained on a state by state basis or via the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). UConn is a SARA Institution, and is authorized to deliver distance learning to students in SARA and non-SARA states. Click here to determine whether you reside in a SARA state or non-SARA state. UConn is currently not authorized to deliver distance learning to students residing in Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, and Puerto Rico.

Access the UConn State Authorization Dashboard

UConn State Authorization

For details on UConn distance learning programs authorized in your state or territory, please visit: UConn State Authorization Dashboard


University of Connecticut

State Authorization
Neal Olderman

368 Fairfield Way, Unit 4001
Storrs, CT 06269-4001
(860) 486-0928